Bill & I are off to our favorite place in the world, the Outer Banks, for a week of R&R before the real world hits me in the face again.
So I figured what better way to kick off the week than to share with you what’s in my beach bag.
- Coach Canvas Beach Shell Tote — I picked this beauty up on an outlet trip and LOVE.IT. I never fancied myself the type to carry a big tote, but in the summer I find myself carrying extra things like a book and a drink too, and this was the perfect size to keep those things without leaving too much room for clutter.
- Starbucks Cold Cup, Grande 16 fl oz — I bought one of these ages ago as an impulse buy, but it’s proved to be an eco-friendly option. PRO TIP – buy the Venti size cup, but when you use it, order a grande. They will always fill the cup for you, but you pay less!
- Green Mountain Sweet Raspberry Black Perfect Iced Tea — Ok, not everyone has a k-cup brewer. But if you do have one, these are SUPER TASTY and a quick way to get your fix for tea and a cold drink. Plus they fill the Starbucks cup perfectly, for way cheaper than going to Starbucks.
- Turkish Large Quick Dry Beach Towel — You may have heard of these Turkish towels before. They are HUGE and do a fantastic job of actually drying you off. And BONUS, they dry faster than big plush towels do which is IDEAL for a day at the beach.
- Australian Gold SPF 30 Spray Gel with Bronzer — I first fell in love with this sunscreen 5 years ago when I spent the summer nannying 4 kids on Long Beach Island, NJ. Their family owned a surf shop and had Australian Gold on hand at all times. It smells AMAZING, and leaves my skin feeling clean, not greasy. Plus the bronzer makes you look tanner instantly without having to bake in the sun. Save your skin!
- eos Sweet Mint Organic Lip Balm Sphere — Bill calls this stuff ‘Egg’ and asks for it all the time. The unique shape makes it easier to find in the bottom of my bag, and also easier to swipe on when you’re on the go. My lips feel soft and the light minty flavor is refreshing, especially when you have salty beach lips. (Though they may not have spf in them)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern — This lady was THERE in Cincinnati when Bill & I road tripped to meet John & Sherry of Young House Love on their first book tour stop. I have been KICKING MYSELF ever since as I totally missed Erin. I have gotten RAVE reviews of this book ever since. I’ve yet to peak behind the cover yet for fear that I’ll have it read before my toes get to the sand, but I’ll be sure to share after the trip!
- e.l.f. Nail Polish in Gold Star — e.l.f. is a great line of affordable cosmetics that I only just now have discovered. I know, I’ve been under a rock apparently. But I am totally in love with how inexpensive they are! And this glittery gold is such a fun confetti look!
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet — Because the confetti gold e.l.f. looks silly on naked nails, I used this fast drying mint color to layer beneath the fun confetti. I’m kinda in love with the look! (seee –>> )
So comments won’t be approved this week, link parties won’t be entered, and Bill & I will be sharing some relaxing days on the beach in the Outer Banks.
See you next week!
So check those posts out while you’re bored. 🙂